Friday, November 20, 2009

Mitchell Subaru's Cool Display

When you've got a cool product, it just pays to show it off. That's what Mitchell Subaru in Canton did with a couple of news articles about their excellent cars. I was in their show room recently and noticed a newspaper article from the Hartford Courant about the new Legacy. Someone had laid it on the windshield of the show room vehicle. Being a framer, you know, I couldn't let it just sit there. I had to explain the value of framing the article so that everyone who walked into the show room could see it, read it, and understand the value of that vehicle. I guess I sold them on the idea because now they have not one, but two excellent newspaper articles hanging just inside their showroom door. One is about the 2010 Legacy and the other is about the 2010 Outback. This is a picture of the framed article on the Outback and I've included a close-up of some "debossing" effects I added to the matting.

Debossing is pressing an image into the mat. In this case, I pressed in the words "2010 Outback" but it could be anything. I can add original designs or designs taken from your art. It could be subtle lines around the edge of the mat opening. Gee, the options are limitless. I just thought it would be nice to reinforce the "2010 Outback" brand.

There are many businesses and individuals who have nice write-ups done about them in newspapers and even on line. By framing those articles, you can preserve those moments for generations to come. And in the case of Mitchell Subaru, it was a product they sold. Hey, if you have a great product, why not brag about it.

OK, so what was I doing at Mitchell Subaru? It was just time for some regular maintanence on my Outback. I really like my little Outback. It serves me well with all the stuff I like to do, like canoeing, kayaking, bicycling and just getting around town, and I mean ALL around town. I do a lot of traveling around in the state. There's plenty of room for all my frame corners and matboard samples and finished pieces that I deliver. But I think I might like my husband's Subaru Impreza WRX even more! What a great little car it is. It's got tons of power and it's FAST. I like that... Not that I exceed the speed limit or anything... So if you're in the market for a new (or pre-owned) car, stop in at Mitchell Subaru in Canton and ask for Gary Thomsen. He's a great guy. You'll enjoy working with him.

And tell them all I said "Hi" and that you heard about them from my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment